Last updated on 27th June 2018.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, laptop and/or mobile device, that contain details of your browsing history on the website and distinguish you from other users. They are widely used and help to provide you with relevant and personalised content and advertising, and help make websites work more efficiently. Your browser sends cookies back to the website every time you visit, so it can recognise you and can tailor what you see on the screen.
You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- To let you do things on our website – for example, cookies enable you to log in to secure areas of our website, fill in application forms or view content.
- To collect anonymous statistics – the information collected by cookies enables us to improve the website through usage figures and patterns. For example, it is really useful to see which pages of the website – and therefore which of our services – are the most popular and how users are interacting with them.
- To improve your experience of our website – for example, to prevent you having to re-enter details when you have already done so, or by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- To ensure that our website is secure – for example, to make sure that personal information that you give to us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- To provide you with information and content which we think is relevant to you .
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why.
Name of cookie
Purpose of the cookie
There cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they have visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
Currently data is held by google analytics for at least 25 months
We also use some cookies which are strictly necessary in order for you to use our services available on our website.
Website cookie acceptance
Turning cookies off
You may opt-out of Google’s analytics cookies by visiting Google’s opt-out page - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Click on the links below to find out how to change your cookie settings in:
In addition, there is software available which enables you to use settings that allow to you choose which cookies are set on your computer or mobile device, such as the Ghostery app.
Updating this policy